The Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC) has published in March the herbal monograph on Species amarae (EMA/HMPC/44543/2018) regarding herbal tea combinations with traditional use. Out of the documented combinations, those tea preparations are considered as traditional herbal medicinal products (THMP) intended for temporary loss of appetite. Also, as early in 2017, HMPC issued the first herbal monograph on herbal tea combinations for species diureticae (EMA/HMPC/224755/2016). These shed light on the registration of tea combinations as herbal drugs.
- a&r collaborates with NutriLeads in immune health clinical research
- FSA published first list of CBD products with valid novel food applications
- HMPC publishes an addendum on cinnamon and opens several calls for submission of scientific data
- Irish Committee promotes vitamin D public health policies
- Mutual Recognition – using the Single Market effectively