The Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC) has published in March the herbal monograph on Species amarae (EMA/HMPC/44543/2018) regarding herbal tea combinations with traditional use. Out of the documented combinations, those tea preparations are considered as traditional herbal medicinal products (THMP) intended for temporary loss of appetite. Also, as early in 2017, HMPC issued the first herbal monograph on herbal tea combinations for species diureticae (EMA/HMPC/224755/2016). These shed light on the registration of tea combinations as herbal drugs.
- a&r completes clinical trial with a food supplement applying innovative “hybrid study approach”
- a&r’s CRO team conducts successful weight management study
- Positive EFSA health claim opinion on green Kiwi
- Recent news on infant nutrition
- Sour turned into sweet with EFSA’s green light to dried fruits of Miracle Berry