The EFSA Panel on Nutrition, Novel Foods and Food Allergens (NDA) has assessed the safety of the yeast biomass of Yarrowia lipolytica yeast biomass as a novel food pursuant to the Novel Food Regulation (EU) 2015/2283. In its assessment, the Panel concluded that the dried and heat-treated yeast biomass pose no health risks as a result of the its manufacturing process. Thus, no further toxicological data are needed and the yeast biomass of Yarrowia lipolytica is considered safe. You can have access to the full EFSA opinion here.
- a&r completes clinical trial with a food supplement applying innovative “hybrid study approach”
- a&r’s CRO team conducts successful weight management study
- Positive EFSA health claim opinion on green Kiwi
- Recent news on infant nutrition
- Sour turned into sweet with EFSA’s green light to dried fruits of Miracle Berry