On 16th of July, the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) issued a new Q&A document related to Hemp containing food products. This document contains a list of the current questions and answers related to hemp/CBD containing food products. The answers reflect the current legal situation in Germany and Europe.
- Once again strict limitations for the interpretation of FSMPs by the CJEU
- MDR transition period and deletion of the MDR/IVDR ‘sell-off dates’ officially implemented
- Progress in the authorisation of novel foods and a cholesterol lowering health claim
- Botanical extracts are increasingly under pressure due to growing safety concerns
- Novel food status of biotechnically produced sodium hyaluronate clarified in consultation request